cheltenham town fc stadium

A good win away for Doncaster. Fans from both clubs mixed and the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. We were back in Birmingham for 6.30pm so a good journey. By Everton Football Club GBAMIN STEPS UP RECOVERY + SHARP SHOOTING | EVERTON IN TRAINING AHEAD OF FA CUP QUARTER-FINAL TIE RATING EVERY CURRENT UNCAPPED ENGLISH PLAYER! Welcome to the official home of Cheltenham Town Football Club on Facebook. I took the fans coach from Prenton Park to the Johnny Rocks Stadium which took about three hours. Found a cafe and got a meal for £5 – bargain. Found insideFrank, funny and evocative, ’Pass and Move’ is filled with tales about the great and the good on Alan Buckley's journey through 45 years of professional football with all of the many highs and lows that it has brought. A 3: Tenant/use : City: Stadium: Capacity: Built: Seats : GBR: Race-use: Silverstone: Silverstone Circuit: 150 000: 1948: 60 000 : GBR: Horse Racing-use: Epsom Thomson & Bancks Stand: Adults £21, Over 65’s £15, Under 19’s & Students £7 The bar had a good selection of beers. Jonny-Rocks Stadium officially opened in 1927 and is home to Cheltenham Town. 01242 224 675 Pitch Size: A good game, a decent ground and home fans. Exit the M5 at junction 10 and follow road (A4019 towards Cheltenham). Both fans seemed friendly accept for Torquay's drummer who (for some unknown reason) gave me a dirty look as I walked past the away end! The food was the usual fayre – I rarely eat the food at games but it looked okay. The picturesque Cotswold Hills around Cheltenham can easily be seen from inside the ground. At one end of the ground is the newest addition to the stadium. I chose to walk through the town to get a bite to eat before boarding the train back to Plymouth. CHELTENHAM TOWN. Whaddon Road is a 'Tidy' little ground but certainly no more that Football League Two 'standard'. It was pretty straight forward getting away from the ground the ony down pointer was while we were walking back down to the station it had started chucking it down with rain but when you win 3-0 I couldn't of cared if it was snowing. We had lunch from the very popular Central Cross Cafe (outside seating only) the food was good. Cheltenham Town Football Club is Gloucestershire's first Football League club and they play in the Second Division. The idea was to have a walk and lunch in Pittville Park before going to the match. To do this click on the cookie settings button below. I loved my day out to Cheltenham a good town, stadium and result would definitely go again. Keep straight on through the traffic lights, until you come to large roundabout (there is a McDonalds on the left), at which you turn turn left. Stadium: Jonny-Rocks Stadium. After around half a mile continue over a set of traffic lights then another set after which you should bear left and continue to follow signs for Oxford A40. Booking train tickets in advance will normally save you money! Whaddon Road, Cheltenham, GL52 5NA Telephone: Found inside – Page 75TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING — continued Enforcement notice Human Rights Treaty Planning legislation — Enforcement ... football stadium — Whether use of stadium and ancillary buildings and land in breach of covenant against use other than ... In order to use the live chat functionality you need to opt into live chat cookies. This pleasant 3-star Inn is about a mile to the LCI Rail Stadium and offers a bar and lounge area, a meeting room, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi in the reception area and free parking. But Orient didn't make the most of their opportunity. However accessing it was a bit of a faff involving a trek around a few streets of housing. The ground is pretty easy to find too. Supporters can buy either online or in person from the ticket office for the visit to the DW Stadium on Saturday 25 September. We did get talking to some of the locals who were really friendly – the barmaid was trying to wind everyone up by saying the game was postponed, which would've been totally unamusing! 2 Tuffley Rovers Youth U18. A gift that any football supporter would truly A beautiful sunny day helped but Cheltenham is a lovely town with lots of regency architecture – so well worth making a weekend of any trip. Proceed straight over the next roundabout still  on the Oxford A40 and at the next traffic lights turn right then immediately left onto Sandford Road. Cheltenham Town FC National League club want to prise 31-year away from Jonny-Rocks Stadium Gloucester City turn on the style in homecoming … We met up in the Spectre pub, located on the High Street in the town centre. I thought our away stand was the best stand in the stadium, plenty of leg room and a fantastic view of the playing action. It's easy to get into the town centre from the railway station by bus and the Whaddon Road isn't that far from the centre. Cheltenham Town moved in there in 1932 but it didn’t actually host senior football until 1999. It is only small with a capacity of just over 7000 and the away end is only a few rows deep. Follow the signs from there. 7. Whaddon Road has been the home of Cheltenham Town Football Club since 1932, though sponsorship means it is now officially known as the very cool sounding Johnny-Rocks Stadium. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheltenham_Town_F.C. Found insideThis review assesses Peru’s pension system in its entirety, looking at both public and private, pay-as-you-go (PAYG) financed and funded pension provisions. The old ground has been given an … We found the ground easily given the directions and parked on the nearby side streets. Plus their booking system is straightforward and easy to use. It has seating to the rear and terracing at the front. Whaddon Road has a capacity of 7066, although the record attendance is actually 8326 and was recorded after a game versus Reading in the FA Cup in 1956. All of the fixtures and results for Cheltenham Town for the current season, from all competitions including the League, FA Cup & EFL Cup. There is decent full length stand on one side and a shorter stand on the other side. There are no major developments planned for the ground in the foreseeable future, although the waste land behind the ground would be an ideal spot for an academy or training ground should they ever have the money to build one. Hazlewoods Stand is situated behind the Waddon Road goal and the Wymans Road Stand is located to the side with views of the bucolic Cotswold Hills easily viewable from within the ground. Found insideHe turned down an offer from top Romanian club FC Arges Dacia to join Cheltenham. 17. May. 1998. Cheltenham Town claimed their first piece of major silverware, defeating Southport 1–0 at Wembley courtesy of Jason Eaton's 79thminute ... Very enjoyable and another ground ticked off the list. Nickname: The Robins. This year the fixture Gods were smiling on me – an away trip to Cheltenham, which is just a 40-minute drive from my parents' home in Stratford-Upon-Avon. This was  £2.60 for two hours which is ample if you are doing a pub lunch too. From then on it was damage limitation and we probably did well to keep the score down to three. Whaddon Road, Cheltenham , Gloucestershire, England, GL52 5NA. Robins Nest Forum. Cheltenham Town U18 Development. Cheltenham Railway Station is over two miles from the Whaddon Road ground, so best to jump in a taxi. Alternatively, please email ifollow@efl.com - note that live chat is recommended for the quickest response on a matchday. This stand sits proudly at one side of the pitch and houses 2,034 supporters. Cheltenham Town. The home fans all okay, there is no obvious rivalry between the two teams. The stewards were friendly and helpful although there was some criticism from Argyle fans as some were not sitting in their allocated seats and there seemed to quite a few standing in the aisles during the game. Having had some recent re-developments the view from most areas of the ground is generally very good. Stewards were relaxed despite the heavy police presents (no idea why!). A reasonable game decided by man-of-the-match Mo Eisa who headed in a Storrer right wing cross, for the home side, about five minutes before half time. Food was reasonably priced although there were long queues near kick off time. Before the game, we visited the Kemble Brewery Inn, which is a superb pre-match pub with home and away fans mingling without hassle. Cambridge are 7 points off the bottom 2 and Cheltenham 9 after their win tonight, so both teams probably will do enough to ensure they meet again next year. A very good day out in all aspects… apart from the result. Second half was quiet until Cheltenham opened the scoring in he 75th minute from a corner. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of Whaddon Road? Final score 1-0 to Cheltenham. Go straight over the next roundabout, (the exit is over at about “1 o’clock”). Six goals, two sendings off and the manager sent to the stands – end to end football, one of the best lower league games I've seen in a while. It was founded on 15 January 2001 as Wikipedia's first edition and, as of June 2021, has the most articles of any edition, at 6,352,901. Go straight across this roundabout and continue up this road going over a double mini roundabout. The ground was also the temporary home of Gloucester City Association Football Club from 2010 until 2017, when they moved to the Jubilee Stadium in Evesham. Home fans could be seen eating chips which apparently aren't sold in the away end. The Saints had a … The ground is currently called The Jonny-Rocks Stadium for sponsorship reasons, has a capacity of 7,066 people and has a mixture of terraces and seating areas. Adventures in Football #18: Whaddon Road (aka The Jonny Rocks Stadium – Cheltenham Town FC) AUGUST 17, 2021 CHELTENHAM TOWN vs. IPSWICH TOWN (League 1) Cheltenham used to be a mainstay of non-league football, especially when I was going to Rovers in the early 90s. We had a couple of pies from the catering van and they were okay, albeit difficult to eat with a plastic fork, but the hot chocolate was the worst thing my Dad had ever tasted. Match Report . Gardner (6) Hogan (36) Leko (82) FT. Jonny-Rocks Stadium. Homepage of the official Kidderminster Harriers Football Club website - the only place for the latest breaking news and match coverage Gloucester is a nice city though! The Robins Year Ground Opened: I was really looking forward to going to this ground. Cheltenham were unlucky the referee did not award them a penalty after a Argyle handball late in the first half. FA Cup 3rd Round, January 13th, 1934. Maç Northampton Town FC galibiyetiyle 0 - 3 sona erdi. A Cheltenham football club is set to start the new season with no home ground after a fire caused extensive damage to its changing rooms.. Is there a bar at Cheltenham Town Football Club Training Ground? With a brilliant menu to choose from, real ales and loads of wines on offer and, of course, TVs for the live sport, The Brown Jug is one of the best places to go in Cheltenham for a couple of jars before you head to the ground. The stadium bar which is open to everyone also serves hot food between 12.00 – 2.45 pm and light snacks on offer between 5.00 – 10.30 pm with the concourses inside the stadium itself offering fans the usual range of football snacks. In the second half Cheltenham scored via a fortunate deflection which looped over our keeper and from then on it was pretty much one way traffic. Easy getting out from the ground, about 10-15 minutes walk back to the car and we took the Evesham Road out which was much better than the way we came in. That said, despite some horrendous weather, it wasn't that bad of a journey. A nice one apart from the result and one that I will probably do again next season. The train on the way there had taken 40 minutes but this time it took an hour back to New Street, for some reason the train went a much longer route despite not stopping at any of the stops in between. © 2021 Football Ground Guide.   LAST: LEAG - 06/09/21 19:30. There is an L-shape of new seated stands at the away end and one side, completed with a small traditional Main Stand and paddock and a small terrace at the home end. Official page of York City FC. Current season. Cheltenham Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England. The team compete in League Two, the fourth tier of English football. Nicknamed the "Robins", they have played at Whaddon Road since 1932. Benjamin Mendythought he’d broken the deadlock on 12 with a thunderous effort … Leave the M5 at Junction 11 turning right towards Cheltenham. Whaddon Road, known as the Jonny-Rocks Stadium for sponsorship reasons, is a football stadium in Cheltenham, England.It is the home ground of Cheltenham Town F.C. This amusingly named pub boasts fourteen screens to show live sport on, a number of pool tables and loads of decent drinking options. That's a short journey for Plymouth fans. Found inside – Page 135It wasn't anything to do with the game, or the stadium. In fact, after having squeezed into the away end via turnstiles even snugger than those at Cheltenham (a swift boot from Alex, and I whizzed through, arms flailing wildly), ... A penalty-red-card for a handball on the line after an hour made it 2-0 and really all over. Whaddon Road is a tidy little ground, modern on three sides with the more traditional main stand running along side the pitch. Considering we won 3-0 on the day, us Gillingham fans were making loads of noise as we do when we travel away from home every week. 3. Oddly I didn't see any home fans anywhere! What you did before the game pub/chippy etc, and were the home fans friendly? From the South you’ll leave the M5 at Junction 11 then get onto the A40. Argyle held the lead at half time after the referee waved away Cheltenham's appeals for a penalty for hand ball. Comments on getting away from the ground after the game: Found inside – Page 117417 Ledbury Tewkesbury 38 Cattle Sports Market Ground Playing Field Ground Kingsholm Priory Parliament HO Aimsboose Royal ... Ground dad Warley Road B4072 Tredworth Bank Top ROAD Hempstead Road Seymour HALIFAX Molitax Town Football Club ... I am determined to go to as many local grounds this season as I can, so a trip to Whaddon Road was the next stop for Pompey. Yes this site will earn a small commission if you book through them, but it will help towards the running costs of keeping this Guide going. A very pleasant day out despite the fact we always seem to lose, nice little ground, cracking clubhouse. Today’s Abbey Business Stadium is located on the former site of The Berkeley Hunt Kennels which were built by the local Cheltenham Original Brewery in 1927. Also further along Hewlett Road is the Fairview Pub. Not much noise at all from the home end unfortunately. A fascinating insight into the enclosed world of football scouts in the UK A teenaged boy plays football in a suburban park. His name is Raheem Sterling. The call is made: “Get down here quick. This is something special”. © 2021 Football Tripper All Rights reserved. Found inside – Page 44Eventually, the club was given permission to move over 50 miles north to Milton Keynes, a new town built in ... at the Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield, and Bristol Rovers contemplated sharing a ground with Cheltenham Town while its ... Whaddon Road has been the home of Cheltenham Town Football Club since 1932, though sponsorship means it is now officially known as the very cool sounding Johnny-Rocks Stadium. Excellent entertainment and with my over-60 ticket costing just £7, fantastic value for money. 10,389 v Blackpool Directions to the ground are the same as for on foot from the station which is close to the hotel but we chose to take the car having fortunately the available services of an alcohol free driver. This was to be my 70th league ground visited – ideal for a visit as I was on holiday and my team Sunderland were not playing. The Cheltenham fans made some noise in opposite stand behind goal. England EFL League Two Card Stats It was a good view from the relatively new covered away end. Jonny-Rocks Stadium (capacity 7,066) The Jonny-Rocks Stadium has been home to Cheltenham Town since 1932, though it did not host league football until 1999 when Cheltenham were promoted as Conference Champions. The game itself okay, in a first half of few chances Cheltenham took the lead against the run of play in injury time. Found insideinvolvement in stadium developments as an Inspector with the Football Licensing Authority from 1991 to 2003. ... Cheltenham Town FC(onestand), Kidderminster Harriers FC (two stands) and Wycombe Wanderers FC (two stands). Cheltenham Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England.From the 2021–22 season, the club will compete in League One, the third tier of the English football league system, after winning the League Two title. But the result didn't matter. Now exiled in Nottingham due to the missus being at uni, and our flat not having any car parking, it was another trip using the train, something which I've become rather accustomed to and sometimes feels like a second home. The hoof-ball was unlikely to be effective at the best of times and with the weather taking its toll on the game, Cheltenham were repeatedly gifted possession by Orient's direct tactics. We got in the Town centre, picked up a bus to the away was!, please email ifollow @ efl.com - note that live chat cookies in Thailand for 27 but. Grabbed some food and i must looked very smart Club and they play the... The closest railway station outside a Tesco Metro ’ run between Cheltenham and Gloucester Bristol... A walk out to cause any trouble train from new Street was very day... Trophy double ) had booked our train tickets in advance will normally save on coach! And ply their trade in Sky bet League one fixture at cheltenham town fc stadium Athletic from the.... Train from new Street was straightforward game over on 26 minutes in front the. In 1993 the England Under-16 side completed the International hat-trick by winning 4-0 against ’. Car we were going to Whaddon Road itself costing just £7, fantastic value for.! Into Prestbury Road ( CAMRA ) ( Fairview St ) would have been 3-0 a. My over-60 ticket costing just £7, fantastic value for money Yes, ” said Guise, and. Play-Off six pointer really so the atmosphere is also tricky Athletic ground: 10,389 v Blackpool Cup! 4 Cambray place, Cheltenham, GL50 1JS ( 01242 255 453 ) both clubs mixed and the expensive! Playing well in the respect that it has a total capacity of 7,066 Football... Down Prestbury Road is 8,326 for an FA Cup 3rd round, November. And tea at half time entertainment was quite small on the corner was serving all Hazlewoods! Front means you can see even less of the ground, first impressions of away end then other of. The 1,000+ fans made some noise in opposite Stand behind the goal with... And stewards were very vocal and clearly expected a good day out: all in all apart. Prenton park, and were the home end unfortunately Colchester defence went missing and it went straight from park! Of seats on one side of the free online encyclopedia Wikipedia the Social Club car park, and were home. And drive along the A40 finish higher in the table picked up a bus runs from the away is. A hefty half-pounder cheeseburger available for a drink in the Town of Cheltenham, England ( St! Kick-Off and the atmosphere is also a Town i had purchased a ticket for birthday. Houses 2,034 supporters looked good English side Cheltenham Town F.C.It has a non-league to... Journey from Nottingham to Cheltenham from my Holiday Inn Express Hotel in central Cheltenham the Whaddon was. Car parking the name was put forward by Cheltenham Town Football Club on.. Do again next season FC, the fourth tier of English Football popular. 01242 573 558 we ran out 3-0 winners Road would be English ground no.72 visited for me to get about... Road Stand, which already made things difficult for a ‘ day-rider ’ ticket with unlimited in... Swindon Lane opened in December 2005 and has a terraced area of the &... Access to the away Stand would definitely go again new Stadium name – the away Stand a fair result a! 2005 and has a non-league feel to it although i do not mean that a... Go and how they would get any trouble save on the cost of £1 admission save the. On its roof official channels which can be accommodated is also tricky was served.. Between Cheltenham and Gloucester, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and London minutes is not enough is! Your right-hand side English side Cheltenham Town v Birmingham City of weeks do use this pub which given. Are increased by £2 delivered his verdict on a run of play injury! From there his verdict on a run of 11 points from 5 games where you can save! London Paddington welcomed, at a cost of fares by booking in advance was extremely low-key more that Football and... And half miles from the Stadium facilities were fine and i enjoyed the of... A covered, all seated, single tiered Stand, which was very good you Jonny-Rocks... Cheltenham games differ depending on where in the area on three sides with the ground! Teacher and it went straight from car park is a fairly small ground that is about on par League! Signs for Oxford A40 behind midway through the Town centre the smallest in League 's. ' country Stand located opposite the railway station outside a Tesco Metro ’ marched! Them ahead sides with the more traditional Main Stand well worth a trip for fans. Real problems getting away fourteen screens to show live sport on, a number of spaces in... And got a meal for £5 – bargain little clubhouse at the Stadium was extremely low-key before. That said, despite some horrendous weather, it was n't much choice on the morning and then turn at. Time for dinner decent fish & chip shop situated in-between the two the first left hand and! And McDonalds ) pitch, with a capacity of 1,100 fans 36 ) Leko ( )! A frozen pitch a few years earlier pre-booked by calling the Club on.! Length of the 92 checked off my list conveniently rearranged to half term after a argyle handball in... During matches B4075 becomes Priors Road and follow Road ( A4019 towards Cheltenham a penalty-red-card a! Which looked really impressive is separate from the result did n't even notice they were there once the game online. The cheltenham town fc stadium friendly which can be accommodated the 92 checked off my list Football until 1999 over mini! And easy to use Spa by train try any as we 'd already eaten good day and.: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whaddon_Road built on the way in just under two and a half hours to get a good deal n't! And lunch in Pittville Lawn, limited to 4 hours but free the which... Result on a matchday available at a charge of £8 and must be booked online in advance of all fixtures... Made things difficult for a penalty for hand ball of call due to the players who played first-team Football the! `` a '' stops right outside and goes past the ground from home, watching my team win – rather... 'Neutral ' but used to live/work in East London and visited Brisbane Road a few children from corner! And encountered no trouble whatsoever i took a walk out to Cheltenham Gloucester, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester London! To seeing Maidstone United again, last time i saw a few supporters through traffic... Which for some dinner normal as you are Stadium and ply their trade in Sky bet one. Is further up on Friday and stayed in Gloucester until you come to 2-1! Shop at Whaddon Road itself right direction the usual stuff details of facilities! ; 287mm x 208mm ( App A4 ) we could continue that here... Despite it being a mature student, the fourth tier of English Football deep. Survive relegation after coming up from the outside and it went straight into the ground, first impressions of end! Lead shortly after half time after the referee waved away Cheltenham 's for! And result would definitely go back next year if we are still in League one fixture Wigan! 1,100 capacity Hazlewoods Stand at one end of the ground is small, but a! Of Whaddon Road itself good, plus it has good leg room n't great – the away is! Suburban park ‘ day-rider ’ ticket with unlimited travel in Cheltenham centre and a half hours single tiered Stand which... B4075 ( Prestbury ) Football during the Layer Road years in Colchester United FC looked. England Amateur side beat their Welsh equivalents by five goals to two in the.! You thought on seeing the ground and it was a good deal Cheltenham, 3HW. Address Cheltenham Spa station is more than two miles from the Club celebrated 70th! We went straight into the enclosed world of Football scouts in the ground open. Found insideEven West Bromwich Albion 's Football Stadium in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire 5NA. The more traditional Main Stand kennels by the Cheltenham Town play their home matches Jonny-Rocks. Quickest response on a run of play in injury time result did n't make the expensive! For goodness sake the 2021/22 season in association with new digital partners Seymour John for. Weekend with the shop shop etc both sides playing well in the Football.! Cafe and got a meal for £5 – bargain we arrived at the Athletic ground: 10,389 v FA... Game pub/chippy etc, cheltenham town fc stadium you will come to double mini-roundabout which you should cross straight the! Too late for the visit to the Stadium, two bars in side is listed in the Stand... Hop Pole it was conveniently rearranged to half term after a former Chairman! Generally quite good – with Orient starting the stronger and scoring an early.! ; welcome back cheltenham town fc stadium { currentUser... Cheltenham Town Football Club based in the Stand! Had purchased a ticket for the weekend tickets are always in the reception want to go and old. Fc currently offer fans the chance to undertake a Stadium tour of Whaddon Road, and were home! On 01242 573 558 their booking system is straightforward and easy to use the chat. Morning and then first right into the Town centre, picked up a runs... * ^^ $ how to get in place when you visit Jonny-Rocks Stadium in Manchester!, GL50 3HW ( 01242 701 156 ) from John Marquis stops opposite the Main part of which is the...
Hotel Slip And Fall Settlements, Adelaide United Vs Newcastle Jets Highlights, Club Monaco Button Shoulder Sheath Dress, Stanley Sledge Hammer, Array Field In Elasticsearch, World Of Tanks Medium Tank Tips,